Thank you for using Interceptd. Interceptd is a product of App Samurai Inc. (“App Samurai”). Interceptd is a Mobile Ad Fraud Prevention Tool offered through the URL www.interceptd.com (we will refer to it as the “Website”) that allows you to prevent fraud on a real-time basis through customizable rulesets and event-based optimization. As a customer of the Service, you are a “Customer” according to this agreement (or “you”).
These definitions should help you understand this policy. When we say “we”, “us”, “our” and “Interceptd” or “App Samurai” we are referring to “APP SAMURAI Inc.” When we say “Customer”, we are referring to the person or entity that is using the Services, whether as a guest or a registered user. When we say “you,” we are referring either to a Member or to some other person who visits Interceptd dashboard.
Interceptd recognizes the importance of your privacy and we take this issue very seriously. We are committed to treating any information we collect with care and respect.
This Policy describes Interceptd’s collection and use of the information provided or collected on or through our website located at www.interceptd.com (“Site(s)”) and features (collectively shall be defined hereinafter as the “Services”):
This Policy describes how Interceptd collects, uses, shares and secures the personal information you provide or that it receives, as well as your choices regarding use, access and correction of personal information.
4. Questions & Concerns
If you have any questions or comments, or if you want to update, delete, or change any Personal Information we hold, or you have a concern about the way in which we have handled any privacy matter, please use our contact form to send us a message or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
You may send us a mail also at “App Samurai, 845 Market Street, Suite 450, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA”
5. Information We Collect
We collect certain information and data about you when you use interceptd.com. Interceptd may use the information collected on the Site to evaluate Users’ interests and behaviour on a pseudonymous, no-name basis in order to be able to deliver tailored content.
- questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you send an email to interceptd.com
- your IP address, and details of which version of web browser you used
- information on how you use the site, using cookies (cookies are packets of information sent to your web browser and then sent back by the browser each time it accesses the server that sent the cookie). Interceptd uses Session Cookies for legitimate purposes, such as facilitation of the use of the Site and its features and tools. You may manage your cookies preferences through the setting of your browser.
- information that you provide us by using the platform, communicating with us through the chat window at interceptd.com or contact us form and demo scheduling forms or subscribing to Interceptd newsletter. This includes contact details such as name, email address and similar.
- Information that you provide us for using our tracking tool as well as your records on these actions and any personal information in data that you send to us throughout our communication with you.
- If you want to use Interceptd, you will submit your credit card information. This record is kept by third-party payment processor (Stripe Inc.).
- If you contact us for demo, customer or technical support, we may keep a record of that correspondence or conversation.
- Information we receive from third-party search engines such as Google relating to your search queries that brought you to our site.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
This helps us to:
- improve the site by monitoring how you use it
- respond to any feedback you send us if you’ve asked us to
Interceptd commits to process personal information solely for the purposes described in this policy.
6. Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
We may use and disclose Personal Information only for the following purposes:
- To communicate with our Customers about their account and provide customer support.
- To protect the rights and safety of our Customers and third parties, as well as our own.
If you have explicitly permitted us to do so, we may contact you to promote the use of our services to you. For example, if you leave your email address when you visit our Website and give us consent to do so we may send you an email inviting you to visit again. If you use any of our Services and you have given us consent to do so we may send you an email about our other/new services as well. You can stop receiving our promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in every email we send and our website or by sending Interceptd an opt-out request to email@example.com or clicking the “unsubscribe” link available thereto. In addition, we may use the information we collect in order to advertise our Services to you or suggest additional features of our Services that you might consider using.
7. Public Information and Third-Party Websites
(a) Blog. We have public blogs on our Websites. Any information you include in a comment on our blog may be read, collected, and used by anyone. If your mail address appears on our blogs and you want it removed, contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org. If we are unable to remove your information, we will tell you why.
(b) Social media platforms and widgets. Our Websites include social media features, such as the Facebook Share button. If you have enabled cookies for www.interceptd.com we may collect information about your IP address and which page you are visiting on our Website, and they may set a cookie to make sure the feature functions properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Website. We also maintain presences on social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Any information, communications, or materials you submit to us via a social media platform is done at your own risk without any expectation of privacy. We cannot control the actions of other users of these platforms or the actions of the platforms themselves. Your interactions with those features and platforms are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
8. Third Party’s Services
Use of Stripe Inc: We use third-party payment services to handle receipt of payment for products and services at Interceptd. In particular, we require you submit payment information to Stripe Inc. (“Stripe”) and utilize Stripe to process payments on our behalf. For more information on the privacy practices of Stripe, please visit https://stripe.com/privacy.
Use of web analytics tool (Google Analytics) to analyse site usage, how our users arrive at our site, what they do on the site, what browser they are using and on what operating system etc. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.
9. Contest and Sweepstakes
We may, from time to time, offer surveys, contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions on our Websites or through social media (collectively “Our Promotions”). Participation in our Promotions is completely voluntary and in order to participate, you will need to provide personal contact information such as your name, phone number, email address, username, and similar details. We use the information you provide to administer Our Promotions. If you have explicitly permitted us to do so, we may use the information provided to communicate with you, or other people you select, about our Services.
10. Safeguarding Your Information
Transmitting information over the internet is generally not completely secure, and we can’t guarantee the security of your data. Any data you transmit is at your own risk.
We have procedures and security features in place to try and keep your data secure once we receive it.
We take reasonable and appropriate measures to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, taking into account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the Personal Information. We won’t share your information with any other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes, and we don’t pass on your details to other websites.
Our credit card processing vendor uses security measures to protect your information both during the transaction and after it is complete. Our vendor is certified as compliant with card association security initiatives. If you have any questions about the security of your Personal Information, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Interceptd accounts require mail address and password to log in. You must keep your username and password secure. We cannot resend forgotten passwords either. We will only reset them.
11. We operate in the United States
Our servers are located in Europe, so your information may be transferred to, stored, or processed in Europe. While the data protection, privacy, and other laws of the EU might not be as comprehensive as those in your country, we take many steps to protect your privacy. By using our Websites, you understand and consent to the collection, storage, processing, and transfer of your information to our facilities in the EU and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this policy.
Interceptd may store and process information in various sites throughout the globe, including in sites operated and maintained by cloud-based service providers.
If you are a resident in a jurisdiction where a transfer of your personal information to another jurisdiction requires your consent, then you hereby provide Interceptd your express and unambiguous consent to such transfer or by using the Site you hereby provide your express consent to such transfer (as applicable).
12. Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request in writing a list of the categories of personal information relating to third parties to which Interceptd has disclosed certain categories of personal information during the preceding year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
To make such a request, please contact Interceptd at firstname.lastname@example.org
13. Your EU Data Subject Rights
In operating the www.interceptd.com and sub-sites, Interceptd processes data as a controller (as such terms are defined in the GDPR). As a controller, Interceptd is committed to fulfilling data subjects’ (‘Users’) GDPR rights.
As an EU resident, you may:
- Access the data that Interceptd keeps about you. Interceptd may need to ask you to provide us with certain credentials to make sure that you are who you claim you are. If you find that the data is not accurate, complete or updated, then you may provide us with the necessary information to rectify it.
- Contact us if you want to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information. Exercising this right will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
- Request to delete or restrict access to your personal information. Interceptd may postpone or deny your request if your personal information is in current use for providing the Services or due to other legitimate purposes, such as compliance with regulatory requirements associated with Interceptd.
If you exercise one (or more) of the above-mentioned rights, in accordance with the provisions of applicable law, you may request to be informed that third parties that hold your personal information, in accordance with this Policy, will act accordingly.
- You may ask to transfer your personal information in accordance with your right to data portability.
- You may object to the processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affecting you.
- You have a right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority.
Interceptd does periodical assessments of its data processing and privacy practices, to make sure that Interceptd complies with this policy, to update the policy when needed, and to verify that the policy is displayed properly and accessible.
If you have any concerns about the way Interceptd process your personal information, you are welcome to contact Interceptd’s data protection officer at email@example.com, or write to App Samurai to 845 Market Street, Suite 450, San Francisco, CA 94103, United States of America. Interceptd will look into your enquiry and make good-faith efforts to resolve any existing or potential dispute with you. If you remain unhappy with the response you received, you can also refer the matter to the data protection authorities in your region.
14. The Accuracy of Data, Transparency, and Choice
We do our best to keep your data accurate and up to date, to the extent that you provide us with the information we need to do so. If your data changes (for example, if you have a new email address), then you are responsible for notifying us of those changes. Upon request, we will provide you with information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your Personal Information.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as long as needed to provide you with our Services. We may also retain and use your information in order to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, prevent abuse, and enforce our Agreements.
15. Data Retention, Access & Deletion of Personal Information
Interceptd stores and retains your personal information for as long as you use the Site and/or remain subscribed to the Interceptd newsletter or blog. After this time how long we keep the information, we collect about you depends on the type of information as described in further detail below. After such time, we will either delete or anonymize your information or, if this is not possible, then we will securely store your information and isolate it from any further use until deletion is possible.
We retain Personal Information that you provide to us where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, as long as is required in order to contact you about your account or our other services, or as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements). When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your Personal Information, we securely delete the information or anonymise it or, if this is not possible, then we will securely store your Personal Information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible. We will delete this information from the servers at an earlier date if you so request.
We retain information derived from cookies and other tracking technologies for a reasonable period of time from the date such information was created.
In any case, as long as Interceptd uses your personal information to provide the Services, Interceptd will retain the personal information about you, unless Interceptd is required by law to delete it, or if Interceptd accepts your request to delete the information, pursuant to applicable laws, or if Interceptd decides to remove it at its discretion.
We will give an individual access to any Personal Information we hold about them within 30 days of any request for that information. Individuals may request to access, correct, amend or delete information we hold about them by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Unless it is prohibited by law, we will remove any Personal Information about an individual from our servers at your or their request. There is no charge for an individual to access or update their Personal Information.
From time to time, Interceptd may update this policy. Updates with minor consequences will take effect 7 days after Interceptd posts a notice on the Site. Substantial changes will be effective 30 days after Interceptd’s notice was initially posted.
Until the new policy takes effect, you can choose not to accept it and terminate your use of the Site. Continuing to use the Site after the new policy takes effect means that you agree to the new policy.
Note that if Interceptd needs to adapt the policy to legal requirements, the new policy will become effective immediately or as required.
Updated on September 25, 2018.